Wings & Wheels Airshow
Wings & Wheels Airshow

Contact Us

Wings & Wheels Airshow, Fly-in and Car Show

 

Ravalli County Airport

Hamilton, Montana

 

Choice Aviation

c/o Ravalli County Pilots Association

516 Airport Road
Hamilton, Montana 59840

406-363-6471

 

ARINC 122.8 MHz

 

Send Wings & Wheels show pictures & videos to

pictures at wingsandwheelsairshow dot com

 

Food Vendors can contact us at

vendor at wingsandwheelsairshow dot com

Your form message has been successfully sent.

You have entered the following data:

You can also contact us by using the form below:

Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.

Note: Fields marked with * are required

Our Message

Ravalli County Airport built in 1934 is the busiest general aviation airport in Montana with 70 aircraft hangars and 106 aircraft located on the field.


We have over 24,000 takeoffs and landings each year. The latest economic study by the Montana Department of Transportation notes Ravalli County Airport contributes over $20,000,000 to the economy of Ravalli County.


The future plans for our airport (airport improvement) include moving the runway 400 feet to the East, 1550 feet north and extending the runway length from 4200 feet to 5200 feet. Why? Currently, Ravalli County Airport does not meet Federal Aviation safety standards and if we don’t move to meet those standards we stand to lose Aviation Trust
Funds.


The Aviation Trust Fund was established to help build and maintain airports, just like the highway trust fund was established to help build and maintain highways. The Aviation Trust Fund is funded through ticket taxes and aircraft fuel taxes. Generally, the FAA pays 90% of all costs to build or maintain an airport. The sponsor, Ravalli County in this case, is responsible for the remaining 10%. The Ravalli County Aviation Foundation will raise this money in lieu of tax payer funds. As an example, if this airport improvement project were to cost ten million dollars, the Ravalli County Aviation Fund would have to pay one million dollars, called “match money”. Stop and think about it. If someone was to offer you a $250,000  house, but you only had to pay $25,000 for it, would that be a good deal? Would you take it?

 

The users of our airport want a safe airport that meets FAA safety guidelines for numerous reasons.

  1. We want an airport that is safe for 100% of our users today.
  2. We would like to increase the economic value of our airport to the county. In 2008, the airport supported 57 jobs. Today, that number is 204 good paying jobs. With airport improvement we would have more room for light industry and more good paying jobs.
  3. We would want to continue to receive Aviation Trust Fund monies but if we fail to implement airport improvement, we will lose those funds and without those funds, the Ravalli County taxpayers would be responsible for maintaining the airport (an increase in taxes). Can we close the busiest general aviation airport in Montana? The FAA says, “No”. The county signed a contract with the FAA and that contract says the county has to keep the airport open and in good repair.
  4. Currently, 30% of Ravalli County Citizens live below the poverty level and cannot afford an increase in taxes nor can the county afford a 10% match. The Ravalli County Aviation Foundation is attempting to raise the 10% match and is well within reach of meeting this goal so airport improvement would be “zero” cost to Ravalli County and the Ravalli County tax payer!


Check out our sponsors for this airshow. Because of them, this airshow is free. When it comes time to vote, vote for those who are doing everything possible to get this project accomplished and are working hard to improve the standard of living for Ravalli County residents though more jobs and higher wages. Vote for those who have a vision of the
future. Thank you for taking the time to get informed.

 

Next Show

Saturday June 23, 2018

Ravalli County Airport (6S5)

516 Airport Rd

Hamilton, Montana

TITLE SPONSOR

Please Thank and Support all of our Sponsors

Robert Peccia & Associates

Print Print | Sitemap
© Wings & Wheels Airshow - 1&1 MyWebsite